I’m really looking forward to seeing how different it is to have a newborn the second time around. I already feel much more confident as a mom and I think that’ll really make a difference in how I do things this time around. I know that every baby is unique so we will have to adjust and learn as we go but, for now, I just wanted to write out a few things I think I’ll do the same and differently.
• I plan on bed sharing again, at least in the beginning when baby is waking every few hours to eat but I hope to transition him into the pack n play and then crib a lot sooner than we did with Peyton. I loved that Peyton slept with us for her first year but we just sleep so much better without a baby in our bed.
• I will exclusively breastfeed. Obviously, it worked out well for us the first time, since Peyton still hasn’t weaned at 18 months. I really hope and look forward to having a similar experience with baby boy. One thing I would like to do differently is introduce a bottle more often. I absolutely despise pumping when nursing is so much easier but it would be nice to have that as an option.
• We will use mostly disposable diapers but do part time cloth. I like cloth diapers as an option but I just don’t see us ever using them full time. I am terrible at doing laundry as it is so I think with another little one, I’ll probably really slack.
• We’ll do more baby wearing. Wyatt and I both had cheap carriers with Peyton. I didn’t use mine that often because it hurt my back terribly and plus I had plenty of time to just cuddle and hold her. Wyatt loved wearing Peyton whenever we went somewhere. I want to buy a more ergonomic carrier, probably an Ergo or a Tula. I think we’ll be needing it to keep up with big sister.
• I want to do baby led weaning, again. It worked out so well for us and I think Peyton has great eating habits because of it. Hopefully, Logan will be a great eater as well.
• I won’t have an actual changing table this time except for the one on the pack n play. I found that I just like having baskets with changing supplies throughout the house.
• I hope to take more videos. I want to buy a video camera but that’s been on my wish list for awhile. I have little videos here and there of Peyton’s first year but not nearly as many as I would like. All the little baby sounds, movements, faces they make.. I’d love to be able to capture more of those little moments, of both of the kids.
I’m sure there are plenty of other things I can’t think of at the moment but I’ll like looking back at this later when Logan is here and see how things changed.